Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stimulated

I started this blog as an outlet to get me back to writing a little. My intentions were to talk about things I like and don’t like, and to keep it from being weighty at all.

With that said, I’ve found I also have to say this…the stimulus package scares the crap out of me.

First off, there is too much random spending in the bill. This is not a place for your wish list items.

Thankfully, the Senate trimmed it down somewhat, but I am still having a very difficult time understanding this: how the hell does borrowing and spending cure an economy that is a victim of too much borrowing and spending?

And my issue with corporate bailout money? Debate whether that money is necessary, but ask yourself this: what lesson is really being taught when the government tells them, “We will not allow you to fail”?

I’m starting to believe the U.S. has some secret agreement that we will never have to actually pay our debt. It’s monopoly money. We can spend whatever we want, whenever we want. That’s the only way our fiscal policy makes sense to me.

No comments: