Friday, December 12, 2008

Lauren Chapin, RIP

This morning I learned Lauren Chapin, restaurant critic and journalist for the Star, died Wednesday.

I never met her, but I felt like I sort of knew her through her columns. I had actually never seen her face (critic anonymity) until they published a photo in the above link.

Her work was always one of my favorite things to read in the Star. She was a very good journalist who always gave me a good idea what a restaurant was about in terms of atmosphere and food. She was also a gifted critic, most notably in how diplomatically she could discuss something she wasn’t crazy about.

I also had no idea she was married to Tim Finn, the Star’s music critic (whom I also enjoy reading).

I will miss reading her work. Rest in peace, Lauren.

No comments: